PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THIS DOCUMENT BEFORE SUBMITTING ANY INFORMATION TO OR USING THE WEBSITES AND APPS.
GENERAL PRIVACY RIGHTS
PERSONAL AND NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
As you use the Websites and/or Apps, FarmLead may collect personal and non-personal identification information from you in a variety of ways and monitor your use, including, without limitation:
- When you visit the Websites and/or Apps, respond to a survey, fill out a form, register on the Websites or Apps, post an offer to buy and/or sell grain, subscribe to a newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on the Websites and/or Apps;
- In order to use the FarmLead Marketplace and Grain Tests Platform, including buying and selling products and services, users may be asked for, without limitation, name, mailing address, phone number, email address, credit card information, other financial information, how many acres they farm, how many people are in their operation, and/or how much grain they buy every week, month, quarter, and/or year, crop preferences related to buying or selling grain;
- Credit card and related billing information that is shared with our third-party payment processors to allow users to conduct transactions using the Websites and Apps;
- FarmLead Marketplace profile and order history, including a history of postings and offers made, negotiations, searches, and updates to a user’s profile;
- Customer engagement data, including call logs, call recordings (where identified to the caller), email, chat, and other customer support communication to ensure quality control and for future training;
- Users may visit the Website without having to register but FarmLead may also collect personal information provided directly or indirectly by you to monitor and improve our services, including, without limitation, computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, your personal Website preferences, and/or listing data;
- The Company may collect non-personal information about users whenever users interact with the Websites which may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about a user’s means of connection to the Website, which could include, without limitation, the operating system, the user’s Internet protocol address, and the user’s Internet service providers utilized, and other similar information;
- FarmLead, from time to time, may utilize software programs that monitor network traffic and/or the security of the Website and/or App (FarmLead makes no effort to link this information with the identity of individuals visiting the Website unless an attempt to damage or abuse the site or other security breaches or violations have been detected); and/or
- In order to serve our users better, FarmLead may employ “cookies” to track your access to various parts of the Websites and/or Apps (A “cookie” is defined as a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a website to permit it to observe your use of the Website and/or App only while you are on the Website and/or App).
Users can refuse to provide certain personal information, but this may prevent the user from engaging in full and/or unlimited use of the Websites and/or Apps. Specifically, if you are not a registered user, you will not be able to use the Apps. If your cookie option is disabled, you might not be able to access and fully use the secure services of the Website and/or Apps. Enabling these cookies is at your sole discretion.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information to provide the best possible service. The central reason behind our collection of information is to:
- Allow you to register as a FarmLead user;
- Connect you with other users who want to buy and/or sell grain;
- To personalize user experience and to allow us to deliver relevant content and product offerings;
- Allow us to advise grain sellers and grain buyers of your contact details so that you can be contacted in relation to updates from the Company, including, but not limited to, new market commentary being released, posting a new offer to buy and/or sell grain, counteroffers, acceptances, rejections, corresponding negotiations on any postings on the FarmLead Marketplace, and new offers being posted on the FarmLead Marketplace that relate to a user’s Watchlist;
- Collect fees associated with services provided by FarmLead, including negotiating and completing grain deals on the FarmLead Marketplace and executing a Grain Test order;
- To quickly process transactions using our third-party payment processors;
- To allow users to purchase services from third-party labs through the GrainTests Platform;
- Keep the Websites and Apps protected from abuse and/or exploitation;
- Maintain the integrity of the Websites and Apps;
- Contact you if there are any problems with the services we provide to you or content you have uploaded to the Websites or Apps or follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries);
- To administer a contest, promotion, or survey;
- Help troubleshoot Websites and/or Apps problems and/or resolve disputes;
- To cross-promote company products (e.g., Promote to non-FarmLead users who have used GrainTests to try out the Marketplace); and/or
- Other reasonable reasons consistent with the business objectives of FarmLead and applicable laws.
As part of providing services to you, we may accumulate personal information to give you the option of receiving updates and publications, and/or invite you to partake in offers related to our Website. You acknowledge and agree to receive these communications from us unless you tell us that you would prefer not to receive them. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe and edit your preferences by following the directions provided in the communication.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to allow you to access all areas of the Websites and absolutely none of the Apps, their relevant pages and/or services, and/or offers for some specific services as it may affect our capability to meet our responsibilities and commitments to our other users.
FarmLead may also use your personal information for other purposes to the extent authorized and/or required by law.
WHO WILL WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
We disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it. That is to say, generally, only to allow you to access the Websites and/or Apps, improve the operation of the Websites and/or Apps, or to offer you services, we provide or may provide in the future. Certain personal information and other content you provide to us will be available to the general public, and you consent to the disclosure of these matters by us to the general public. The disclosure of this information may entail the use of the FarmLead Marketplace and other Websites and Apps services and may include:
- Contact details including username, first and last name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number(s);
- Grain details including but not limited to quality, the year it was harvested, how much there is of it, and any other pertinent information;
- Payment terms, including but not limited to the price per unit and when a user expects to be paid for the grain they’re selling or, conversely, pay for the grain they’re buying;
- Location, namely a town or city, agricultural region in a specific state or province, and/or state or province; and/or
- Other items identified at the time of registration, in a FarmLead Marketplace listing, and other uses of the Websites and/or Apps.
Your contact details are only revealed by buyers and sellers (as applicable) once an agreement in principle has been made through a negotiation process. Your financial information will never be disclosed to the public.
If you use the FarmLead Marketplace as a buyer, we may also disclose certain financial information to our third party service provider that performs credit checks on our behalf. This information will include company name, contact information, how much grain you buy on a regular basis, and what types of grain you’re buying.
To provide our services, we may disclose your information to third parties that we work with to perform administrative or other business services. This disclosure is always on a confidential basis. In particular, the GrainTests store is hosted by Shopify Inc., which provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell products and services to you. If you use the GrainTests Platform, your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application on a secure server behind a firewall. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
If we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, personal information in our control may be made available or otherwise transferred to the new controlling entity, where permitted under applicable law.
FarmLead may also disclose your personal information for other purposes to the extent authorized and/or required by law. Otherwise, FarmLead does not disclose your personal information for any other purposes, unless it has your explicit consent.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonable and sound steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is protected against misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification, and/or disclosure. FarmLead adopts and applies appropriate data collection, storage, management practices, and security procedures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, addition, deletion, disclosure, and/or destruction of a user’s personal information, username, email address, password, transaction information, and any other data stored on the Websites and Apps. Confidential and privileged data exchange between the Websites and/or Apps and its users occurs over a secured communication channel and is programmed, encrypted, and protected with digital signatures.
FarmLead stores all of its data, including personal information, on servers located in Canada and the United States. By submitting information, you agree to this transfer, storing, and/or processing of such data in Canada and the U.S. You acknowledge and agree that your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement and governmental agencies in those countries under lawful access regimes or court order.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND ADVERTISING
Users may find advertising or other content on the Websites and/or Apps that link to the sites and services of FarmLead partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. The Company does not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by the websites linked to or from the Websites and/or Apps. Furthermore, these websites or services, including their content and links, may constantly be changing.
Advertisements appearing on the Websites and/or Apps may be delivered to you by our third-party advertising partners, who may set cookies. These cookies allow the advertising server to recognize your computer each time they send the user an online advertisement which permits advertising networks to, including and without limitation, deliver targeted advertisements that will be of most interest to you or your geographical location.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions as they relate to our website.
FarmLead also uses HotJar, a third-party service that allows us to monitor navigation behavior on our web application, as well as selectively records user activity to inform and improve our user experience and user interface design efforts.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access the personal information we collect and hold about you. If at any time you would like to access or change your details, or you would like more information on our approach to privacy, please contact us (information provided at the end of this document) and/or login in to the Website or App to update your account in the “My Profile” section of “My FarmLead”. In most cases, a summary of your personal information, including your name and contact details, is available for no fee. If providing you with access to specific personal information requires a more detailed retrieval of your information, a fee may be charged for the cost of the retrieval and supply of that information.
USER ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
You may not use personal information gathered from the Websites and/or Apps to send spam to our users or collect personal information from someone who has not consented to that collection. You may opt-out during the registration process or after registering to stop receiving promotional materials from FarmLead affiliates and/or advertisers or any other electronic messages from the Company and/or the Website. You can opt out from receiving these materials by using the “Contact Us” link, stipulating specifically what you would like to unsubscribe from receiving these materials. You may change, correct, and/or update any information previously provided to the Company by visiting the Websites and/or Apps and editing your information.
You can deny or withdraw your consent to personal information collection, use, and/or disclosure by the Company at any time through reasonable notice, subject to any contractual or legal requirements. If you choose to deny or withdraw their consent to personal information collection, use, and/or disclosure by the Company, the Company may not be able to provide the products and/or services applied for and/or purchased and the User’s ability to use all of the features and/or services on the Websites and/or Apps may be reduced or terminated.
HOW TO CONTACT US
FarmLead Resources Ltd.
240 Bank St., Unit 500
Attention: Privacy Officer
These terms were last updated on August 16, 2018.
© FarmLead Resources Ltd. All Rights Reserved 2012-2018